How do I change my Profile Visibility Settings:
1. Click your user name on the top bar of the UpLingua platform.
2. From the dropdown menu, click Account Settings.
3. From the Account Settings dropdown menu, click Privacy.
4. Choose your privacy settings.
5. Click Save Changes.
UpLingua Community Standards
Authenticity is the cornerstone of our community. We believe that authenticity
helps create a community where people are accountable to each other, and to
UpLingua, in meaningful ways. We want to allow for the range of diverse ways
that identity is expressed across our global community, while also preventing
impersonation and identity misrepresentation. That is why we require people toconnect on UpLingua using the name they go by in everyday life. Our authenticity
policies are intended to create a safe environment where people can trust and
hold one another accountable.
In order to maintain a safe environment and empower free expression, we
remove accounts that are harmful to the community, including those that
compromise the security of other accounts and our services. We have built a
combination of automated and manual systems to block and remove accounts
that are used to persistently or egregiously abuse our Community Standards.
Because account level removal is a severe action, whenever possible, we aim to
give our community a chance to learn our rules and follow our Community
Standards. Penalties, including account disables, are designed to be
proportionate to the severity of the violation and the risk of harm posed to the
community. Continued violations, despite repeated warnings and restrictions, or
violations that pose severe safety risks will lead to an account being disabled.
Keeping Your Account Secure
1. Don’t use your UpLingua password anywhere else online, and never
share it with other people.
2. Your password should be hard to guess, so don’t include your name or
3. Scammers may create fake websites that look like UpLingua and ask you
to login with your email and password.
4. Always check the website’s URL before you enter your login information.
When in doubt, type www.uplingua.com into your browser to get to
5. Don’t forward emails from UpLingua to other people, since they may have
sensitive information about your account.
6. Learn more about avoiding phishing.
7. Log out of UpLingua when you use a computer you share with other
8. Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or
a company you know.
9. This includes links on UpLingua (example: on posts) or in emails.
10. Keep in mind that UpLingua will never ask you for your password in an
11. If you see a suspicious link on UpLingua, report it.